FIRST AND FOREMOST, WSCA RULES APPLY… IN ADDITION, ONE CHILD CAN ONLY RIDE ONE HORSE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The SLC Summer Series will offer four different classes in separate age groups.
The four classes will be:
- Pole Weaving
- Speed Dash
The age groups will be:
- Lead Line 6 and under
- Pee Wees – 10 & under
- Juniors – 11 – 13
- Intermediate – 14 – 17
In addition to competing for cash and ribbons at each event, participants will also be accumulating points towards the “Series Winner” prizes. Class prizes will be ribbons and points through 6th place plus cash prizes through 4th. Cash prizes will be: 1st – $100.00, 2nd – $75.00, 3rd – $50.00, 4th – $25.00. Ribbons, points and cash prizes will be awarded in each age group in each class.
“Series Winners” will receive ribbons through 6th place and cash through 4th place. First place Series Winners will also receive belt buckles. Cash prizes for “Series Winners” will be: 1st – $300.00, 2nd – $225.00, 3rd – $150.00, 4th – $75.00.
Those participating in the SLC Summer Series will be required to pay a separate entry fee for each class entry. Entry fees will be:
Pee Wees – $1.00
Juniors – $2.00
Intermediate – $3.00
S.L.C. SUMMER SERIES
Rules for Exhibitors and Horses
1. No stallions will be allowed to participate.
2. Each horse must be accompanied by an original and a copy of a Coggins test, done within the last 12 months. Copy is to be given to SLC coordinator , at time of entry, and will not be returned.
3. Each rider and the owner of the horse being ridden in competition, must sign a liability waiver. If the rider and/or owner of the horse is under the age of 18, their parent or legal guardian must sign the liability waiver.
4. S.L.C. Summer Series is for horses only. No other equine will be allowed to compete.
5. One rider, one horse no exception.
6. In all classes, a contestant is allowed a maximum of one (1) minutes to get to the ring after the class is called and/or their number is called. If more time is needed for tack change, etc., the Ring Master must be notified ahead of time.
7. No schooling is allowed during timed events.
8. Flat bats may be used, but rider must hit behind the cinch.
9. All riders must wear riding boots while in the arena.
10. Riders must wear western shirts, jeans and riding boots. It is suggested that western hats be worn by riders. However, baseball caps or no head wear is acceptable.
12. It is our rule that all riders wear a safety helmet while competing. SLC SUMMER SERIES”